Sunday, July 21, 2013

Current Obsession: 90s/Early 2000s Revival

If the Poetic Justice braids, backwards snapback, and bamboo hoops weren't enough of a clue, I am currently obsessed with this whole late 90s/early 2000s throwback going on.This is what I wore when I went to Bruno Mars' concert in DC on 6/22/13 (hence the tee). The earrings are from claire's/icing, the hat is from urban outfitters, the tee is from hot topic (no longer available, sorry!), the vest is from Macys, and the lipstick is Candy Yum Yum by MAC (I got it for free due to the MAC recycle program, check it out!)

NOW BACK TO THE BLOG BEBE!
As a product of the 90s, all of these fashions like the transparent raincoats, snapbacks, bright colors, funky lipsticks, and pop princess inspired clothes are so nostalgic and remind me of my childhood watching endless Nickelodeon, non stop Lizzie McGuire, countless amounts of Clueless and listening to (and still do listen to) Christina Aguilera, Backstreet, NSync, Britney Spears, Spice Girls, Mandy Moore, Robyn, 5ive, Savage Garden and so many more cavity enducing bubblegum pop acts! Just being able to remember when these looks were hip and new is such an awesome feeling! & seeing them come back is even better!

Shoutout to Niki Takesh for wearing her childhood! Check out her site right here! & while you're checking her out, you should totally peep my tumblr located right hurrrrrr :)

Stop being so shy loves! Talk to me! :)
-$ky

No comments:

Post a Comment